Friday, April 11, 2008

Tom Tancredo endorses McCain. Sorta.

The Story Can Be Found Here...

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/apr/05/tancredo-reluctantly-offers-hand-to-former-foe/

The funny thing about Tancredo is his surprising willingness to go with the party. The media had portrayed him as some kind of hard-right lunatic, and you got the feeling he'd be one of those who was in it for his ego (well, all politicians are egotistical, you but you know what I mean). In any case, it came as a surprise to me when Tancredo left the race and endorsed Mitt Romney. A hard-liner like on illegal-immigrating like Tancredo, I thought he would have endorsed Thompson or fellow congressman Duncan Hunter. Conversely, everything I didn't expect of Tancredo, I expected out of Hunter. I was so sure he would endorse Romney when he left the race. He really surprised me when he endorsed Huckabee instead. I guess he thought Mitt was too friendly with Chinese business. Ah well.

No comments: